National informatics Centre
* Honorable Chief Minister of Maharashtra praised NIC for providing uninterrupted Video Conferencing facility during the pandemic
Important Video Conferencing sessions successfully conducted through NIC NICNET network :
National informatics Centre
National Informatics Centre (NIC) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) is the technology partner of the Government of India. It was established in 1976 with an objective to provide technology-driven solutions to Central and State Governments in various aspects of development. NIC has been instrumental in adopting and providing Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and e-Governance support to Central Government.
Its state-of-art IT infrastructure includes Multi-Gigabit PAN India Network NICNET, National Knowledge Network, National Data Centres, National Cloud, Video Conferencing, Email and Messaging Services,Command and Control Centre, Multi-layered GIS based Platform, Domain Registration and Webcast.
NIC has also developed several digital platforms for the socio-economic development of the country with ‘One-Nation One-Platform’ initiative to empower citizens digitally. Its services have created a perfect interaction of the Government with citizens, Government employees and businesses. With an objective of focused study of new technology, explore and experiment their use in governance, NIC has set-up Centre of Excellence(CoE) in Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and Application Security.
With an advanced and robust infrastructure, digital platforms as well as on-ground services, NIC is connecting the citizens with the government through a holistic digital landscape and it ensures tech-enabled services that reach the unreached.
National Informatics Center Raigad (M.S.) was established in 1989 with a long-term objective of promoting a computer-based informatics and ICT culture for decision support to various Government Ministries / Department and District Administration and development of networking, ICT facilities, databases management programs for getting the required informations speedily and precisely in well designed output output format. The objectives of NIC District Centre can be briefly summarized as follows :
- To provide network backbone and support for E-governance to all Central Government, State Government departments and organizations and other Government bodies in the District.
- To provide wide range of Informatics and ICT based services and facilities through NIC’s nationwide communication Network (known as NICNET) for decentralized planning, better and more efficient governance and District administration and overall enhancing productivity of all Central Government, State Government departments and organizations in the District.
- To implement various software and IT projects of Central Government, State Government and sponsored by District Administration in concerned Governments departments/organizations e.g. District Collectorate, Zilla Parishad, District Treasury Offices and all other Govt. organizations and departments in the district.
- To provide comprehensive training required for users of various project implementing departments and organisations and users of various informatics and ICT services, in user friendly environment.
- To extend all sorts of technical support, help, co-operation and counseling in all Informatics and ICT related matters and projects to all Govt. departments and organizations in the district.
Network Setup Diagram at N.I.C. District Centre and Collector Office Raigad :
Infrastructural Setup in NIC District Centre :
- Rack mounted Ms-Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-Bit) server
- Rack mounted FTP Server
- Ubuntu Linux Server
- Ms-Windows 7 and Ms-Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) (client)
- HP Laserjet MFP (Multifunction Printer)
- Power supply through higher load bearing capacity on-line UPS(s)
- Internet availability through 34 Mbps Leased Line (MLLN)
- Structured LAN setup through CAT6 UTP cables and Layer2 Network Switches
Facilities and services provided in District Collectorate with complete support, help and co-operation of NIC :
- High speed Internet facility through 34 Mbps Managed Leased Line Network (MLLN) via structured LAN
- Near Studio Quality Video Conferencing facility via IP through Managed Leased Line Network (MLLN)
- Regular updation and maintenance of District Collectorate Website
- Regular updation and maintenance of all the 15 Tahasil Offices Websites in Raigad Distict
- Full technical support, help and co-operation to District Administration on all Informatics & ICT related matters and projects
“e-Book of 75 Digital Software Solutions from NIC” – Please Click here to view.
Application softwares / projects successfully implemented and running with technical support, help and co-operation of NIC :
Application Softwares / Projects of National Importance :
- National Land Records Modernisation Programme (NLRMP)
- NIC Servicedesk Support
- National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP)
- Aadhar Enabled Public Distribution System (Ae-PDS)
- Jeevan Pramaan
- DBT in Fertilizer Sector (DBT – Fertilizer)
- Software for Digitizing and Mosaicing of Land Survey Maps
- PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)
- Census 2021 – Census Monitoring and Management System (CMMS)
- MPLADS project running in District Planning Office, District Collectorate
- PMGSY Project running in Zilla Parishad
- IDRN (India Disaster Resource Network) Project running in District Collector Office
- AGMARKNET Project running in all 9 APMCs of the District
- Common Integrated Police Application (CIPA) running in all 25 Police Stations of Raigad District (under Phase II & III)
- CONFONET (Computerization and Computer Networking of Consumer Forums in the Country) project running in District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum
- IDSP (Integrated Disease Surveillance Unit Survey ) Project in DHO, Zilla Parishad
- DOP (Department of Post Networking via Leased Line) Project successfully running in HPO Alibag & Panvel
- NREGA (National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) Project successfully running entire District
- National Database of Arms Licenses successfully running in the District
- Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana successfully running in the District Collectorate
Application Softwares / Projects of State Importance :
- Land Bank Software Project
- Katkari Samaaj Utthan Abhiyan Sarvekshan
- e-QJ (Quasi Judicial) Courts
- Web enabled MAHAFOOD Project running in District Supply Office, District Collectorate
- Web enabled Freedom Fighters’ Information System running in District Collectorate
- Web enabled EGS Information System running in EGS Branch, District Collectorate
- Web enabled Panchayati Raj Institution Accounting Software running in Zilla parishad
- Web enabled Daily Rainfall Reporting System running in Collector Office & Agriculture Office
- Web enabled BDS (Budget Distribution System) running in most of the offices of the District
- Web enabled e-Management of Assets in NIC (e-MAN)
Appplication Softwares / Projects of District Importance :
- District Court Information System (DCIS) in District Court
- Rojgar Mitra software for enrollment of unemployed youth running in D.E.&S.E.G.O.
- Pension Automation System in District Treasury Office
- EXAACT Integrated on-line system version 2.8 in District Treasury Office
- e-Property Card Information System (PCIS) running in TILR Offices
National Informatics Centre, Alibag-Raigad (Maharashtra)
District Collector Office,
At P.O.- Alibag,
Telephone No. : 02141-222118
Email Id : mahrai[at]nic[dot]in
District Informatics Officer (D.I.O.)
Shri. Chinta Mani Mishra, Scientist – F/ Senior Technical Director (S.T.D.)
Additional District Informatics Officer (A.D.I.O.)
Shri. Nilesh Nivrutti Landge, Scientific/Technical Assistant-B